Accounts Payable and Cashiering Assistant
Salary: Depending on experience and the candidate’s history, the salary on offer is negotiable.
Job Location: London
Job Type: 12 Month FTC
Job Ref: AccPay
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
12 Month FTC
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We are the only law firm to have a Band 1 ranking in Chambers and Partners for contentious tax and have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
Our sole focus is on achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas. See more at: http://uk.jha.com/about-us.
The post is full-time 5 days a week: Monday to Friday (09:00-18.00).
The role is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all Accounts Payable and Legal Cashiering transactions within the firm. The role reports into the Financial Controller and works closely with the two Revenue Controllers in the team.
The culture of the Firm means that we demand the best from all of our staff. In this role attention to detail and accuracy is key and an in-depth knowledge of best practice is essential.
- Obtaining Authorisations and Posting Invoices
- Posting Expenses
- Reconciling Supplier Statements
- Payment Runs
- Responding to internal and external queries
- Maintaining filing system
- Posting Receipts and Payments
- Identifying, and appropriately dealing with client monies
- Adding Disbursements to matters
- Preparing cheques
- Petty Cash
- Bank Reconciliations
- Ensuring solicitors accounts rules are adhered to
- General finance office support
- Provide support to other staff in the team, as required
- Ad hoc queries
- Process improvement
Skills and experience
- A strong academic record, preferably a 2:1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree.
- At least 2 years of Accounts Payable/Cashiering experience, preferably gained within the legal sector.
- A good understanding of the Solictors Accounts Rules.
- Experience of Practice Management Systems.
- A good understanding of VAT.
- A good understanding of basic bookkeeping and double-entry.
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Hard working and organised with an ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive outlook even when placed under pressure.
- Must keep firm matters confidential.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.