Associate Lawyer – Arbitration
We are looking for an experienced qualified lawyer to join our ever-growing disputes practice.
- High level of academic ability and committed to producing consistent, accurate and quality work.
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to prioritise and manage workflows.
- Professional, focused approach to work and a desire to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts and apply lateral and divergent thinking.
- Self-motivated and high level of initiative.
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues.
- Excellent research, drafting and writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Supporting a variety of complex and unique contentious cases across tax disputes, commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Representing clients in ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent academic qualifications from a highly regarded university, in particular a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours (or equivalent). Qualifications in global jurisdictions would be an advantage.
- Trained and qualified as a solicitor and barrister with 5 years PQE experience across multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience acting in specific jurisdictions would be an advantage (due to client confidentiality this will be discussed further at interview stage).
- Expertise in Constitutional law with a particular interest in Human rights, Electoral law, Public law, Insurance and accident compensation law.
- Ability to work effectively through a wide range of case values would also be advantageous.
- Competitive salary based on experience and market
Closing date: 30 November 2019