Salary: Market rate, depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: Bar, Job
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
Our sole focus is achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas.
We are currently recruiting exceptional barristers at all levels to join our growing practice.
• High level of academic ability and commitment to producing consistent, high quality work.
• Professional, focused approach to work and a desire to learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts and apply lateral and divergent thinking.
• Self-motivated and high level of initiative.
• Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues in both formal and informal situations.
We encourage all our barristers to work on a variety of cases in different practice areas, including general commercial litigation, international arbitration and tax disputes. We believe that experiencing a diversity of work in this way helps our people to improve their skills as litigators.
Although your role will of course vary depending on your experience, we do not operate any particular hierarchy internally. We usually operate in small, efficient teams and we strongly believe that our clients’ interests are best served in this way.
Qualifications & experience
• Excellent academic qualifications from a highly regarded university including, in particular, a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours (or equivalent).
• Trained and qualified as a barrister in the United Kingdom or a Commonwealth country.
• Experience in commercial litigation is essential, preferably involving international elements.
• Some experience of arbitration would be helpful.