Business Development Manager
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: BDM
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our core practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases. See more at: http://uk.jha.com/about-us.
The post is full-time 5 days a week.
You will take a leading role in helping JHA fulfil our ambitious growth plans and will be responsible for developing a range of strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for:
- Setting the direction of the Firm’s Client Programme;
- Improving the generation of business from new and existing clients;
- Maximising business development opportunities;
- Helping to build the profile of our practice.
Your day to day duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Working with fee-earners at all levels to develop a business development strategy;
- Providing support on all aspects of business development;
- Developing, strengthening and retaining clients through targeted programmes;
- Working closely with the COO and Head of Communications to help differentiate in the market;
- Developing best practices and training in relationship management/development;
- Preparing annual submissions to Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners;
- Creating and developing pitch documents and processes;
- Providing guidance to fee-earners on winning new business and nurturing existing client relationships;
- Driving fee-earner business development coaching;
- Taking ownership for identifying opportunities such as award submissions, conference sponsorship etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A strong academic record, preferably a first class undergraduate degree from a top-tier university;
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a law firm;
- Proven client relationship management skills;
- Strong influencing, negotiating and coaching skills at all levels;
- Successful track record of project management;
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues and clients is critical;
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to prioritise and manage workflows.