Chief of Staff
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: COS
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of commercial litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
We are looking to hire an outstanding and unique Chief of Staff who has a professional accountancy qualification such as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) and has at least four year’s practical commercial experience in an office environment. The right candidate will have experience of working with either senior executives, managing partners or HNWI in a supporting capacity.
- Working closely with the senior managing partner on numerous day-to-day aspects of the business, including both strategic and operational tasks, as well as delivering against specific projects;
- Leading research and analysis on a variety of projects
- Analysing high value number data sets and making recommendations
- Attending meetings with the partners, taking notes and ensuring all action points are executed
- Building strong interdepartmental relationships to ensure collaboration and liaising with PAs to offer end-to-end support
- Researching various topics to assist partners with background reading and to prepare for key client meetings
- Assisting in preparing financial reporting, including weekly revenue and cost forecasting, quarterly reporting, annual and quarterly budgeting and other ad hoc financial reports
- Summarising information to create succinct reports for the partners
- Helping the senior managing partner identify priorities, strategically align his time with those, and revisit them to regularly assess progress
- Manage discrete projects on behalf of the senior managing partner
- Supporting on business trips
- Developing an expert understanding of the industry landscape and identifying opportunities
- Supporting the senior managing partners internal and external communication: organising meetings and responding to emails on his behalf
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English is absolutely essential to this role
- Previous experience working with senior executives in a supporting capacity
- You will need to be a strategic thinker, data-driven and analytical in your approach to solving problems
- Flexibility is fundamental to this role
- You will need to be a good communicator, able to communicate well with different personality types, and able to anticipate people’s needs easily
- You will need outstanding organisational ability and be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Meticulous organisation and attention to detail
- Project management skills, from design to completion
- Managerial experience
- You must act discretely at all times
- The right person will be exceptionally bright, hard-working and should have a very good degree (First Class equivalent or a high 2.1 from a top University);
- An ACA qualification gained from any of the Big-4 firms is preferential;
- 4+ years post qualification experience;
- A post-graduate degree would also be very favourable. We are interested in hearing from applicants who have a second language or a good knowledge of new technologies and the Internet as you may be required to use such skills in this role. This, however, is not essential.
The post is full-time with core hours of Monday – Friday (09:00-18.00). However, flexibility is fundamental to this role and the successful candidate will need to be contactable out of hours in emergencies. Some short-notice travel will be required.