In addition to our Legal practice, we have a niche set of HNWI clients who collect art and thus require bespoke services. To provide this, we have an internal analytics team (sitting separately to the law firm in our Holborn office) who analyse the art market and support our partners when advising our clients in art law. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the niche, expanding fields of legal and cultural analytics as part of a small and agile team with an adaptable technological infrastructure.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong research skills.
- A high level of discretion, given the eminence of many of our clients.
- Collaborate with a friendly, passionate and hard-working group.
- Facilitate the development, maintenance and expansion of our substantial art database.
- Working within a team and will share responsibilities in a number of activities, including:
– Entering and checking auction results in our database against information received from auction houses such as Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips.
– Scheduling art auction details into a shared calendar so that we can record live streams and ensuring that those actions are recorded correctly. (This requires flexibility as auctions may start after 6pm or on weekends – time off in lieu will be given for work done outside of normal hours).
– Watching live art auctions and recording the bidding data into the database.
– Organising the scanning and uploading of art auction and exhibition catalogues into the database.
– Reading, analysing and uploading data gleaned from current art news into the database.
– Liaising with data analysts to check, review and upload information into the database on an ad hoc basis.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 A-Levels.
- Prior experience using databases and Excel.
- Full training will be provided. Based on your skills and performance there will also be scope for progression and engagement with more complex research related tasks. You will also be working on the legal database in the same manner as above, however 90% of the work will be art-focused only.
Competitive and attractive package.