The Data Science and Engineering team at JHA works on a wide variety of data, from text to images. Our projects to date have included analysing millions of news articles to econometric modelling of niche markets. The backgrounds of our data scientists and data engineers are varied, from computer science to maths. We are looking for bright individuals who are looking for a challenge and will thrive in a data science-driven environment. We offer plenty of learning opportunities with the team attending several conferences a year.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Attention to detail, particularly when gathering data.
- Very good statistical grounding.
- Proven track-record of delivering business results.
- Understand business problems facing JHA and its clients and help provide solutions.
- Take ownership of projects.
- Designing, building, and maintaining databases.
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining data-driven products and apps.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/MSc or PhD in computer science or quantitative field.
- 1-2 years of experience in:
– SQL, R, and Python.
– Web scraping, XPath, and Regex.
– Working in Linux environment.
– Very strong data engineering and data management background.
- Our work is extremely varied, and we would love to hear from you if you have expertise in any of the following areas:
– SQL and NoSQL Architecture.
– Front-end App Development.
– Reporting and Visualization.
– R Shiny.