The Data Science team at JHA works on a wide variety of data, from text to images. Our projects to date have included analysing millions of news articles to econometric modelling of niche markets. The backgrounds of our Data Scientists are varied, from computer science to statistics. We are looking for bright individuals who are looking for a challenge and will thrive in a research-based environment. We offer plenty of learning opportunities with the team attending several conferences a year.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments.
- Very good statistical grounding.
- Understand business problems facing JHA and its clients and help provide solutions.
- Take ownership of the projects.
- Gathering data, building databases, and writing predictive machine learning models.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/MSc or a PhD in a quantitative field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in:
– R, Python, and SQL.
– Web scraping, XPath, and Regex.
– Machine learning and predictive modelling.
– Developing data-driven products and apps.
– Working in a Linux environment.
- Our work is extremely varied and we would love to hear from you if you have expertise in any of the following areas:
– Deep learning.
– Natural Language Processing.
– Computer Vision.
– Bayesian Statistics.
– R Shiny.
Competitive and attractive package.