Head of Education & Development
Salary: Depending on experience and the candidate’s history, the salary on offer is negotiable but competitive.
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: EDDEV
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We also have specialist forensic accounting, data science and research teams, which we integrate into our client teams as necessary. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
We are looking to hire a new Head of Education and Development to develop, implement and oversee an ambitious training programme in the firm. The right candidate will have significant experience in running legal training programmes and will have an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to be an excellent litigator. They will assess training and development needs within the firm, develop and administer training programmes for lawyers (and potentially for external organisations/clients), help individuals develop relevant skills and present training sessions where appropriate.
The post is full-time 5 days a week: Monday to Friday (09:00-18.00)
- Implement and oversee training and development programmes for the firm’s fee-earners and staff on a variety of topics
- Help partners to promote a culture of learning and development
- Schedule and organise all internal and external trainers and training sessions and manage attendance
- Present sessions where appropriate
- Review external courses to determine relevance and manage attendance
- Monitor all training programmes and materials to ensure that they are up to date
- Plan annual training budgets and manage costs
- Assist individual fee earners with personal CPD goals
- Track and monitor the effectiveness of training programmes on individual lawyers’ development needs
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in legal training
- Preferably some experience of litigation in a law firm or at the Bar
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal communications, project management and decision-making skills
- Self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision
- Energetic and be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines