IT Security Specialist
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: ITSEC
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting, niche litigation practice based in central London. With partners joining from across some of the best commercial litigation firms and chambers in the city, the firm focuses on the highest quality, most complex commercial and international arbitration cases for major corporate and financial institutions.
The IT Security Specialist will have a key role at the firm participating in IT security systems improvement decisions, monitoring and reporting; and will work for several different teams that consist of many talented IT Professionals who are skilled in security and are keen to implement more. IT Security Specialist will work together with the Head of IT and also report to the Managing Partner.
Qualities and Experience
The candidate will:
- Be resilient, focused and able to meet tight deadlines
- Need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a good eye for detail
- Follow all the recent technology advancements in the IT Security
The IT Security Specialist will require extensive experience and outstanding expertise in the following areas:
- Network, Host, Application, Data, Operational Security and Compliance
- Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- UTM and URL Filtering, Malware Protection
- Encryption for Data at Rest and Data in Motion
- VLANs, NAT, VPN, Remote Access, Virtualization, and Cloud Concepts
- Wireless Security
- Mobile Security
- …and Ethical Hacking concepts such as: System Hacking, Sniffing, Session Hijacking, Reconnaissance, Footprinting, Scanning Networks, Honeypots, Malware Threats, Enumeration, Cryptography, Buffer Overflow, Denial of Service, Hacking Wireless Networks, SQL Injection, Penetration Testing.
Experience with VMware, Citrix, MS Exchange, Windows, Linux, Mac and Cisco in general strongly preferred.
- Information Technology certifications on Security from EC-Council such as: CEH, ECSA, CNDA, etc.
- A good degree, preferably a Bachelor of Science Degree