IT Support Engineer
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: ITSUP
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our core practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases. See more at: http://uk.jha.com/about-us.
The post is a permanent, full-time position.
The IT Support Engineer will work as a member of our current IT team, and will provide desktop support to staff, fee-earners and partners; whilst being able and willing to turn attention to whatever task needs completing.
Qualities and experience
The candidate will:
- have experience of working in a customer support environment within professional services firms (ideally, but not necessarily within law firms or chambers) and understand the specific challenges and requirements involved working in an intellectually challenging environment
- support users in a high pressure professional services environment
- be resilient, focused and able to meet tight deadlines
- need to have excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage good working relationships with staff and understand the demands of the law firm partners (barristers and solicitors)
- have a good eye for detail
- follow recent technology advancements in the legal IT sector.
IT Support Engineer will require a working understanding of the following areas:
- Citrix XenApp, Terminal Services environments and desktop virtualisation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Printing and Scanning Support
- Windows client OS
- Blackberry, Apple and Android mobile technologies
- Document Management Systems such as iManage.
Candidates with experience in these areas will be preferred:
- Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, Group Policy 2008-2012
- VMware vSphere
- Exchange 2013
- VOIP systems, i.e. ShoreTel
- Private and Public Cloud networking
- LAN/WAN/WLAN/VLAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Cabling, Patch Panels.
- Information Technology certifications from leading organisations like Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cisco, and CompTIA
- A good degree, preferably a Bachelor of Science Degree.