IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator will have a key role in the Technology Team participating in systems design, maintenance, and improvement decisions, in addition to supporting and advising staff and clients. The role will be based with a closely associated company in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
- Be resilient and focused with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage good working relationships with people and understand the demands of the firm and its clients.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Providing the best customer support, understanding the specific challenges and requirements involved working in an intellectually challenging environment.
- Identifying business problems proactively and to participate in planning and implementing solutions to improve IT systems.
- Enhancing our current systems by evaluating and when relevant implementing recent technology advancements.
Qualifications & Experience
- A reputable degree, preferably a Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Information Technology certifications from leading organisations like Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cisco, and CompTIA.
- Competitive understanding of the following areas:
– Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, Group Policies, 2012R2 and onwards.
– VMware vSphere and all related components such as vCenter, High Availability, and Fault Tolerance in vSphere 6.x.
– Enterprise storage solutions such as NAS, FC and iSCSI SANs and their integration with VMware system through the use of proprietary SAN OS, i.e. EMC and HP.
– Private and Public Cloud networking, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
– Backup, Replication and Clustering Technologies, Disaster Recovery implementation at various levels.
– Advanced Office 365 administration.
– Advanced networking knowledge, managing routers, firewalls, switches, MPLS, VPN.
– VOIP systems.
– Infrastructure Monitoring tools.
– Multi-Factor Authentication.
– Windows 7, 8, 10; Mac OSX 10.11 and onwards.
– Apple and Android mobile technologies, MDM solutions.
Competitive and attractive package.