Legal Personal Assistant
Job Reference: LPASS
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
Our sole focus is achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas. See more in About Us.
The post is full-time 5 days a week: Monday (08:00-17.00).
This newly created position is to support a Partner by performing secretarial and administrative duties. Your daily tasks will include:
- Diary organisation and management
- Inbox maintenance
- Helping with task lists
- Production and editing of Word and Excel documents
- File and document management (predominantly using the firm’s digital DMS)
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Documenting and inputting billable time and reimbursable expenses
- Maintaining client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
- Occasional personal duties such as buying lunch, organising taxis, arranging restaurant reservations, handling personal post etc.
- Other tasks and errands as required.
Skills and Experience
- The right person will be exceptionally bright, hard-working and should have a very good degree (First Class equivalent or a high 2.1 from a top University)
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English is absolutely essential to this role
- Previous Experience as a personal assistant at Partner level is essential
- Experience in a legal environment is desirable but not essential
- Strong IT skills
- Good time management skills
- Proven organisational ability
- Pro-active with a high level of enthusiasm
- You will need to be a good communicator and able to anticipate people’s needs easily
- You must act discretely and responsibly at all times.