Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: LitAssociate
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting boutique litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises renowned barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, tax litigation, international arbitration, contentious tax and forensic investigation.
Our sole focus is achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas.
We are looking for an outstanding Litigator with 4-6 years PQE to join our ever-growing firm in our commercial and tax litigation practice. The role is predominantly focused on tax litigation but there will be opportunities to work on commercial litigation matters too.
- High level of academic ability and committed to producing consistent, accurate and quality work.
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to prioritise and manage workflows.
- Professional, focused approach to work and a desire to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts and apply lateral and divergent thinking.
- Self-motivated and high level of initiative.
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- This role will require you to co-ordinate a team of associates and paralegals working closely with our partners to prepare High Court cases for trial.
- You will be coordinating a number of Group Litigation Order matters, liaising with some of the UK’s top tax individuals including leading tax silk Graham Aaronson QC and Legal 500’s leading tax litigation specialists Simon Whitehead and Paul Farmer.
Qualifications & experience
- A strong academic record, preferably a first class undergraduate degree from a top-tier university. A law degree is preferable.
- Trained and qualified as a solicitor or barrister in the United Kingdom or a Commonwealth country.
- 4-6 years of Post Qualification Experience.
- Experience of HMRC disputes would be desirable.
- Some knowledge of European law would be of benefit.