Litigation Support Coordinator
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: Litcor
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
Our sole focus is achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas.
This newly created position is fundamental to the smooth operations of our office. This role will see you acting as the focal point of our litigation in supporting and liaising with senior partners, QCs, through to paralegals and associates.
- Court liaison for high-profile matters with responsibility for the timely delivery of files and correspondence to court
- Managing the Court diary and ensuring Counsels’ personal diaries are up to date
- Fixing hearings in the Country Court, High Court and Court of Appeal
- Acquiring listings and notifying relevant lawyers
- Accompanying Counsel to and from Court
- Lodging bundles, boxes and other documentation at Court
- Delivering sensitive bundles and other documents to our opponents offices
- Retrieving case files from storage (both on-site and off-site)
- File and document management including ensuring all documents are logged, accounted for and stored in line with compliance procedures
- Auditing archived files on a regular basis and maintaining an Archiving Tracking System
- Address any matters and find ways to continually improve the operations
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, gained in Chambers, particularly in Civil and Chancery sets
- Experience of working in litigation and a clear understanding of the end-to-end litigation process is preferable
- Understands how to run a Court diary
- Has knowledge of the High Court and its procedures
- Strong administration skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clear communication skills coupled with a practical can do approach
- Initiative and discretion
- The ability to operate in a highly confidential environment