.Net Developer (Permanent)
We are looking to fill the role of Senior Developer during an exciting time as the business focusses its long-term vision on a new direction integrating structure, business processes, and business information. Concentrating initially on the maintenance and development of the central .NET/SQL bespoke web application whilst also integrating future systems and applications into the business enabling a consolidated, joined up, the technical infrastructure that enables all functions of the firm to focus on value-added activity. Automation, digital workflow and one time, one place input with no duplication are the key metrics against which success will be measured.
- Able to work using their own initiative and prioritise workload effectively in line with business demands.
- Working to deadlines will be critical.
- Good communication skills are essential as the role is in close contact with stakeholders and users of all levels.
- Working alongside the internal IT team and key stakeholders throughout the firm, the successful candidate will be as comfortable as a sole developer as well as part of a wider business team with a wide-ranging skillset surrounding Agile development techniques in ASP.NET, C#, JS, MS SQL.
- Ability to research and recommend ideas, ensuring the right tools for the job are developed and integrated.
- Experience with defining, developing and integrating API’s and web services would be highly beneficial.
- The ability to demonstrate where you have gained new technical knowledge on the job in order to meet targets.
- Occasionally you may be required to be on call and to work out of hours for maintenance/upgrades or emergency support.
- Excellent training opportunities are available with an annual training budget plus the freedom to work autonomously.
Qualifications & Experience
– .NET Languages: C# 6
– Frameworks: .NET Framework 3.5, .NET Framework 4.x, .NET Web API, .NET Core 2.x
– Architectures: MVC 4, MVC 6
– Additional tools: LINQ, Unity (Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control), Entity Framework (Object Relational Mapper)
– Languages: JSON
– Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS
– Architectures: REST
– Databases: SQL, SSRS
– SDKs and tools: Visual Studio 2015+, SSMS
– Source Control: GitHub
– Languages: ES5
– Frameworks: jQuery, an understanding of modern data binding frameworks (preferably Angular or Vue)
– Communications: XHR/AJAX
- Front end and styling
– HTML, HTML5, CSS
– An understanding of IIS and its modules.
- C# 7
- WCF/Web services
- Core MVC
- Autofac (Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control)
- Maintenance (indexing, security, reporting)
- Knockout 1
- An understanding of responsive design layouts
Competitive and attractive package.