Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: REVCON
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
Our sole focus is achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas. See more at: http://uk.jha.com/about-us
The post is permanent and full-time from Monday – Friday, from 9am – 6pm in our central London office.
As part of a small finance team this is a key role for the firm. Reporting to the Finance Director and working alongside the Senior Revenue Controller, this is one of two roles responsible for all WIP, Billing and Debt management activities for the Firm.
The culture of the Firm means that we demand the best from all of our staff. In this role attention to detail and accuracy is key and an in-depth knowledge of best practice is essential.
The individual will also have full knowledge of the SRA accounts rules and their application.
- Regular review of all WIP and Debt balances. Keeping up to speed with the progress of all key matters and the status of significant debts. Ensuring potential issues are escalated and then following up with partners to ensure that all balances are being dealt with on a timely basis
- Following complex instructions to meet billing requirements whilst ensuring complete accuracy is maintained.
- Providing regular updates to the Finance Director and escalating any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Understanding of the WIP valuation processes in line with FRS5. Ensuring the Financial Controller is aware of any doubtful WIP and Debt balances to inform the provisioning required.
- Implementing processes to ensure 100% accuracy of bills and all other correspondence with clients. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all VAT and SRA requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining details of all client and matter agreed rates and ensuring they are correctly applied.
- Educating Fee Earners in relation to best practice regarding all aspects of matter management.
- Assisting in the monitoring and reporting of fee earner time recording.
- Involvement in projects as and when required.
Qualifications and experience
- The candidate will have approximately five years’ legal finance experience gained in a sizeable law firm, with SAR accounting experience.
- A successful track record of improving processes and implementing best practice procedures.
- Experience of low volume, complex billing.
- Experience of PMS accounting systems and also e-billing platforms.
- The candidate will have strong academics, including ‘A’ levels or equivalent and above as a preference.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrating initiative and a drive to deliver excellence.
- A team player used to working in small teams and understanding others’ roles.
- Hard working, exceptionally organised and an ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills; ability to develop relationships across the firm maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive outlook even when placed under pressure.
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English is essential.
- Must keep firm matters confidential.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.