Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Job Location: London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: TaxAssociate
Please apply with a CV and Covering letter to HR@jha.com clearly explaining why you are interested in our firm, the role on offer and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Due to high volume of CVs, we can only respond to applicants that have been successfully chosen for interview.
Agencies please be aware that we operate a preferred supplier list (PSL). As we already have a number of contractual suppliers in place, we are unable to consider CVs / speculative applications from organisations outside of the PSL
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP is an exciting specialist litigation practice based in Holborn, central London. We have built a new model for the provision of litigation services. Our partnership comprises world-renowned practitioners, both barristers and solicitors, from various dispute-resolution backgrounds. Our firm’s barristers and solicitors, with their distinct experiences, work closely as a team from the beginning of every case. We therefore combine the best qualities of a chambers with those of a traditional law firm. Our practice areas are commercial litigation, international arbitration, tax disputes and forensic investigation and we focus on the highest quality, most complex cases.
Our sole focus is achieving the best outcomes for our clients in their most demanding, complex, and important cases. We strive to be the UK’s leading law firm in each of our practice areas.
We are looking for an outstanding Lawyer with at least 6 years PQE, who is CTA qualified to join our ever-growing firm in our tax disputes practice.
• High level of academic ability and committed to producing consistent, accurate and quality work.
• Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to prioritise and manage workflows.
• Professional, focused approach to work and a desire to learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts and apply lateral and divergent thinking.
• Self-motivated and high level of initiative.
• Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues.
• A proven ability to work with numbers and in Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent research and writing skills.
Qualifications & experience:
• A strong academic record, preferably a first class undergraduate degree from a top-tier university. A law degree is preferable.
• CTA qualified as a preference
• Trained and qualified as a solicitor in the United Kingdom or a Commonwealth country.
• 6+ years Call or Post Qualification Experience.
• A broad knowledge of tax.
• Experience of HMRC disputes would be preferable.
• Some knowledge of European law would be of benefit.
• Excellent attention to detail.