Business Area: Data
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (Holborn)
Ref No: 72
Our team is delivering cutting-edge Big Data, Machine and Deep Learning solutions to solve challenges and drive value across Professional Services, Alternative Asset Investment, and Social Media. We turn signals, text, images and human intelligence into always-on products for lead generation, asset valuation & investment, image recognition, and market & media intelligence.
We are looking to add a Data Engineer to our already extremely strong team of 20+ data scientists, engineers and analysts to take ownership of projects – from developing web crawlers and scrapers, automating backend data pipelines, to building big data stores on AWS. You will be passionate about leveraging Data Engineering to gather and process data from unstructured sources, building user-centric products, and learning about SOTA techniques along the way.
This is a hands-on role and the ideal candidate brings expertise and experience with Data Engineering, along with commercial acumen and ability to thrive in fast-paced, collaborative team environment. We are working with several cloud, data and software engineering tools and offer plenty of learning opportunities with the team pursuing professional certifications and attending top conferences.
- Coding, deploying and maintaining web crawlers, scrapers and data pipelines
- Developing frameworks, packages and tools to standardise and scale operations
- Building CI/CD pipelines to automate deployments
- Working closely with data scientists to provide them with data products
- Collaborating with software engineers to build scaled and resilient solutions
- BSc/MSc in computer science or quantitative field
- 1-2 years of experience in:
- Python, R, and SQL
- Web scraping, XPath, JMESPath, Regex, and Selenium
- HTTP/HTTPS protocol, HTML, JSON, and API
- Working with Linux, GitHub, and Cloud
- Proven track-record of building automated crawlers, scrapers and data pipelines
- Appreciation for Machine Learning and how it could be used for the above
- Familiarity with Cloud and Software Engineering principles