Business Area: Data
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (Holborn)
We are a start-up in Stealth Mode, building a new in-house Mobile Applications Development team. This is the chance to be a vital part of a small, growing function where capable individuals will be able to pioneer and develop a series of exciting greenfield projects, utilising the best of what technology can offer today.
Our growing technical team contains a set of very capable Engineers, Data Scientists, DevOps and supporting staff. We constantly tackle new and challenging problems – some of these solutions have involved developing our own in-house tools using machine learning, artificial intelligence, and augmented reality. Utilising modern cloud infrastructure and coding practices, we pride ourselves in exceeding the expectations of internal and external stakeholders. Using the very best tools, frameworks and programming standards, including TDD, BDD and Acceptance Criteria Testing, we aim to create a technical team that leads by example and excels in clean, readable and modular code.
We are looking to recruit a permanent Scrum Master who will act as a fundamental central liaison, helping to strive to use best-practice and maintain our high standards as we expand the team. This would suit someone who is passionate, able to think outside the box and a can-do attitude to get things done. You will lead by example and act as a constant source of information for the team, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Working closely with the Technical Lead and Product Owners to ensure successful delivery of products and projects
- Demonstrating Agile values and principles while acting as Scrum/Agile coach and managing several cross-functional scrum teams
- Ensuring the teams understand the processes in order to achieve reliable and successful delivery of products
- Guiding the Scrum Team on increasing productivity and how to benefit from self-organising, focusing on the bigger picture and team results over individual results
- Imparting confidence in the teams’ capability to achieve success and addressing any barriers within the team, to motivate them towards maximum performance
- Scoping, prioritising and planning stories and features
- Facilitating backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives
- Synchronising work and promoting transparent communication
- Generating data to help track and report on team velocity, sprint/release progress, and cycle time
- Identifying and resolving lead issues and risks as early as possible
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong academics (at least 2:1) in a computational degree would be highly desirable – for example: computer science, engineering, mathematics or computational physics
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), or similar Agile practitioner certification. Any Agile Coach experience or qualifications would be desirable but not pre-requisite.
- Ideally, at least 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master, having implemented Agile techniques (User Stories, Test Driven Development etc.) in SMEs
- Extensive knowledge of Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.
- Experience using Agile tools, such as Jira and Confluence) to inform and provide feedback
- Ability to establish credibility, thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and to be pragmatic with technology decisions
Please send your CV, a short cover letter, and a copy of or link to your portfolio to the recruitment team (email@example.com) or click the button below.Apply Now