Business Area: Fee Earner
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (Holborn)
Ref No: 67
We are looking for outstanding Tax Litigators, at all levels, to join our ever-growing tax disputes practice.
Our contentious tax team is led by five partners: Graham Aaronson QC, the leading tax silk of his generation, Simon Whitehead, Paul Farmer, Michael Anderson and Ray McCann. The practice involves all areas of the domestic courts and tribunal system, from the First-tier Tribunal to the Supreme Court. We have represented clients in numerous references to the European Court of Justice and in high-value tax disputes in foreign jurisdictions, as well as corporate tax Group Litigation Orders and domestic tax disputes with HMRC.
- High level of academic ability and committed to producing consistent, accurate and quality work.
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to prioritise and manage workflows.
- Professional, focused approach to work and a desire to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts and apply lateral and divergent thinking.
- Self-motivated and high level of initiative.
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues.
- A proven ability to work with numbers and in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Co-ordinate a team of associates and paralegals, working closely with our partners to prepare court cases for trial.
- Day to day management of a litigation case load, undertaking legal research and drafting notes and opinions, interviewing witnesses and preparing evidence, preparing applications.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent academic qualifications from a highly regarded university, in particular a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours (or equivalent).
- Trained and qualified as a solicitor in the United Kingdom or a Commonwealth country.
- A keen interest in tax is essential.
- Previously experience or knowledge of tax or of HMRC disputes is preferable.
- Some knowledge of European law would be of benefit.
Competitive and attractive package.Apply Now