The overseeing and recovery of costs is a core part of every dispute. Spiralling costs or the ability to obtain payment are major client concerns. At JHA, we make the process efficient and easy for our clients, which include in-house legal teams and other law firms.
We tailor our service to individual client needs and many of them view this function as a key part of the complete service JHA provides.
Large, complex commercial litigation and arbitration costs are our particular areas of expertise. Our experience means we can produce detailed Bills and Schedules of Costs from large electronic time and disbursement data efficiently and accurately.
Other services include;
- Preparation of Precedent H Costs Budgets;
- Assistance in the Costs Management process;
- Preparation of Statements of Costs for interim hearings or interim payment applications;
- General legal costs advice;
- Conducting detailed assessment proceedings, including preparation of Points of Dispute and Replies to Points of Dispute; and advocacy at the detailed assessment hearing.
We negotiate the best possible arrangement for our clients and provide them with various options and flexibility, including deferred payment terms, fixed fees, and conditional fees. We have experience at all levels of the courts of England and Wales, as well as international tribunals.
Areas of specialism include commercial litigation matters, notably tax litigation, shipping matters, insurance litigation and substantial group litigation, international arbitration as well as white-collar crime, catastrophic injury and clinical negligence.