Arbitration continues to grow in popularity as a means of resolving commercial disputes quickly, effectively and confidentially. In response to this increased demand, our arbitration capability has similarly grown and, using our depth of experience and understanding of the arbitration process, we continue to guide clients in a manner to fit their commercial objectives.
Our arbitration specialists have represented large corporations, state entities and private individuals in both commercial and investment arbitration, subject to various governing laws, under all of the major institutional rules (including the ICC, LCIA and ICSID Rules) and in a number of different seats.
We can lead a case from inception, or provide support at any stage – in the strategic pre-arbitration phase, during proceedings or after proceedings at the challenge and/or enforcement stage. And our unique mix of solicitors and barristers ensures a seamless team throughout, including delivering the advocacy at hearings.
Examples of recent matters in which we have been involved include:
- Investor-state disputes relating to sovereign debt restructuring
- Post-mergers and acquisitions disputes
- Shareholder and joint ventures disputes
- Investment and commercial disputes in the extractive and construction sectors
- The worldwide enforcement of an arbitral award by a Tribunal constituted under ICC rules
- Analysis of investor-state claims against sovereign states
“Our integrated approach, with solicitors and barristers working alongside one another from the outset, delivers real advantages over the traditional law firm/chambers model. It has seen our team secure enviable results in some of the most significant, challenging and high-value commercial and investment treaty arbitrations in the world.”
Richard Kiddell, Partner
+44 207 851 8888
DirectorView All People